The Heart and Circulation An Integrative Model
This extensively revised second edition traces the development of the basic concepts in cardiovascular physiology in light of the accumulated experimental and clinical evidence. It considers the early embryonic circulation, where blood circulation suggests the existence of a motive force, tightly coupled to the metabolic demands of the tissues. It proposes that rather than being an organ of propulsion, the heart, serves as an organ of control, generating pressure by rhythmically impeding blood flow. New and expanded chapters cover the arterial pulse, circulation in the upright posture, microcirculation and functional heart morphology.
Heart and Circulation offers a new perspective for deeper understanding of the human cardiovascular system. It is therefore a thought-provoking resource for cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and trainees interested in models of human circulation.
Cărți noi - CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE
Categorii de carte+-
- 453,60 lei504,00 lei (-10%)
- 877,80 lei997,50 lei (-12%)
- Moss & Adams' Heart Disease in infants, Children, and Adolescents Including the Fetus and Young Adult1428,00 lei1680,00 lei (-15%)
- 315,00 lei966,00 lei (-67,39%)
- 210,00 lei336,00 lei (-37,5%)
- 500,85 lei556,50 lei (-10%)