The Stigma of Mental Illness, Strategies against social exclusion and discrimination
People with mental illness are often painfully familiar with overt prejudice or more subtle forms of mistreatment. The stigma and discrimination associated with their disorders can have effects in several areas of life: in social interactions, in work and healthcare settings, in the legal system and the media. Many withdraw due to shame and do not seek help. In turn, stigma can prove to be a more serious problem than the disorder itself. Yet too little is done to reduce stigma and its impact.
The Stigma of Mental Illness: Strategies Against Discrimination and Social Exclusion offers up the knowledge necessary to understand and fight against stigma and discrimination. It will be invaluable to all health professionals, social workers, healthcare managers and policy makers with an involvement or interest in mental illness.
- Broad coverage of the forms and consequences of stigma
- Specific treatment of stigma in relation to diagnoses such as dementia and autism
- Perspectives and strategies of a service user and a relative
- Up-to-date concepts regarding exclusion and discrimination
- Practical strategies for service users, relatives, healthcare professionals and policy makers
Cărți noi - PSYCHOLOGY & PSYCHOTHERAPY
Categorii de carte+-
- Interviul clinic structurat pentru tulburarile clinice cuprinse in DSM-5 la copii si adolescenti (SCID-5 Junior), SET 10 buc SCID-5 Junior Fisa de punctare100,00 lei
- 450,00 lei
- Interviul clinic structurat pentru tulburarile clinice cuprinse in DSM-5 la copii si adolescenti (SCID-5 Junior) plus SET 10 SCID-5 Junior Fisa de punctare340,00 lei
- 165,38 leiPRP: 183,75 lei
- 387,45 leiPRP: 430,50 lei
- 500,85 leiPRP: 556,50 lei