The Top 100 Drugs Clinical Pharmacology and Practical Prescribing
Now in its second edition, this highly successful guide to safe prescribing of the most common classes of drugs is your starting point for safe and effective practice.
The first edition was a direct response to requests from students for a compendium of the 100 most important drugs in the NHS. Research led by Professor Emma Baker identified the 'top 100 drugs' by their importance and prescribing frequency.
- The top 100 drugs and the five most important intravenous fluids are presented using a clear, consistent layout across double-page spreads.
- Drugs are arranged alphabetically and also listed by organ system and clinical indication, providing multiple pathways into the information.
- Clinical pharmacology is discussed under the headings: common indications; mechanisms of action; important adverse effects; warnings; and important interactions.
- Practical prescribing is discussed under the headings: prescription; administration; communication; monitoring; and cost.
- A clinical tip is presented for every drug.
- Single-best-answer questions are provided for self-assessment and to show how information from several drugs may be integrated.
New to this Edition
- Double the number of self-assessment questions, from 50 to 100.
- 11 new drugs added and 11 dropped according the re-run research into the top 100 drugs in current use.
Cărți noi - INTERNAL MEDICINE
Categorii de carte+-
- 283,50 lei315,00 lei (-10%)
- 94,50 lei105,00 lei (-10%)
- 682,50 lei892,50 lei (-23,53%)