Virology Texts Don't Get Any Better Than This!
Preview a chapter and download the front matter including, the complete table of contents and The Student Experience, and see why this book is the clear choice for a virology course.
Find sample content under the Sample Materials tab.
Understanding Viruses continues to set the standard for the fundamentals of virology. This classic textbook combines molecular, clinical, and historical aspects of human viral diseases in a new stunning interior design featuring high quality art that will engage readers. Preparing students for their careers, the Third Editiongreatly expands on molecular virology and virus families. This practical text also includes the latest information on influenza, global epidemiology statistics, and the recent outbreaks of Zika and Ebola viruses to keep students on the forefront of cutting-edge virology information. Numerous case studies and feature boxes illuminate fascinating research and historical cases stimulate student interest, making the best-selling Understanding Viruses the clear choice in virology.
The Third Edition features NEW Virology Animations that educate and entertain! See one for yourself.
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook with engaging animations, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
Click Here to download an informational flyer outlining the many outstanding teaching & learning resources integrated in Navigate 2.
With Navigate 2, technology and content combine to expand the reach of your classroom. Whether you teach an online, hybrid, or traditional classroom-based course, Navigate 2 delivers unbeatable value. Experience Navigate 2 today at www. jblnavigate. com/2
Features & Benefits
- NEW Virology Animations on antiviral drug mechanisms educate and entertain!
- Encourages application and critical thinking with real-life examples
- Contains NEW content on the latest outbreaks, including Zika virus, MERS, Hantavirus in Yosemite National Park, and Measles cases in the U. S.
- Includes a NEW section on virus discovery in the 21st Century
- Features NEW case studies, including an in-depth case study of the Ebola virus outbreak
- Virus Files features connect a topic to current research or to techniques used by virologists, offering a real-world glimpse of working in this exciting field
- Refresher Boxes provide foundational information on biological concepts that students encountered in introductory biology courses to help them fully comprehend more complex virology concepts
- NEW Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter prepare students for the new material and guide their study
Written for the undergraduate virology course for students majoring in biology, microbiology, medical technology, or pre-med.
Chapter 1 Introduction to Viruses
Chapter 2 Virus Architecture and Nomenclature Eukaryotic
Chapter 3 Molecular Biology, Host Cell Constraints and How Viruses Hijack Host Cells
Chapter 4 Mechanisms of Viral Entry and Spread of Infection in the Body
Chapter 5 Host Resistance to Viral Infections
Chapter 6 Epidemiology
Chapter 7 Laboratory Diagnosis of Viral Disease and Working with Viruses in the Research Laboratory
Chapter 8 Poliovirus and Other Enteroviruses
Chapter 9 Influenza Viruses
Chapter 10 Hepatitis Viruses
Chapter 11 Herpesviruses
Chapter 12 Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
Chapter 13 Rabies
Chapter 14 Poxviruses
Chapter 15 New Viruses and Viruses that are Reemerging
Chapter 16 Viruses and Cancer
Chapter 17 The History of Medicine, Clinical Trials, Gene Therapy, and Xenotransplantation
Chapter 18 What About Prions and Viroids?
Chapter 19 Plant Viruses
Chapter 20 The Best for Last: Bacteriophages
Cărți noi - MICROBIOLOGY
Categorii de carte+-