The Melanoma Handbook
The Melanoma Handbook is a concise and comprehensive resource for anyone who treats patients with local, advanced, or metastatic melanoma in all its various forms.
Detailed chapters with numerous figures cover the pathology, treatment, and management of all presentations of melanoma, including essential clinical knowledge on staging and workup considerations. The content emphasizes both overall treatment guidelines and more nuanced applications for patient groups who have different presentations, metastases, or other complications to treatment. Tables throughout the handbook consolidate helpful classification and staging information, survival data, FDA-approved treatment regimens, and toxicity risk.
Unlike many oncology or dermatology textbooks, this reference provides a targeted overview of conventional and novel treatment strategies for all stages of malignancy and applications of practical management options. The Melanoma Handbook is essential not only for trainees managing this fast-moving disease for the first time but also oncologists, dermatologists, and surgeons who want a searchable, quick-review reference when faced with a challenging melanoma case in their practice.
- Provides screening recommendations for early detection of initial and recurrent melanoma
- Summarizes AJCC staging criteria from the 8th Edition
- Covers the surgical management of lentigo melanoma, invasive melanoma, mucosal melanoma, acral lentiginous melanoma, sentinel lymph node biopsies, lymph node metastases, and distant organ metastases
- Discusses infusion, perfusion, and injection techniques in complicated sites when lesions are not resectable
- Highlights recent innovations, including newly approved targeted therapies, immunotherapies, chemotherapies and combination therapy options
Cărți noi - PATHOLOGY
Categorii de carte+-
- 1365,00 lei1575,00 lei (-13,33%)
- 1160,25 lei1365,00 lei (-15%)
- 892,50 lei1050,00 lei (-15%)